With a bank holiday fast approaching here in the UK, I was wondering what have fellow writers sacrificed to create their master pieces?
In the five years I’ve been writing I have happily sacrificed:
- Bank holidays – I’ve spent four days before, locked away in the house just writing
- Weekends – Again whole weekends have come and gone where I have done nothing but write. Surviving on takeaway meals (Mmm Chinese) and soft drinks.
- Good Weather – The weather maybe glorious but I’ve sat inside with a laptop typing away.
- Television – I’ve gone a whole month, without watching TV. I just went to work, came home, showered and then wrote and I feel asleep.
- Sleep – Many times I’ve still been writing at 0300hrs
- Computer games – I cannot remember the last time I played ( to the end) a computer game
- Catch up with Friends – I’ve put off catching up with friends just to finish a chapter.
However, there are something’s I will never ever sacrifice to the alter of Writing:
- A roasting hot 2 hour bath with a very large G&T (ice and slice of course)
- A Sunday walk by the river, in any weather conditions
- My girlfriend
Actually, looking back over the lists made me wonder what sadistic book critics sacrifice? Their souls?