I am pleased to say that I have 5 free downloads of my new Audiobook “Echoes of a Storm” from Audible.uk to give away.
To get one of the free copies simply be one of the first five to reply to this post asking for a free copy, and I will send you the code. Once you have the code you simply follow the steps below.
1. Go to my book’s page on Audible.co.uk: http://www.audible.co.uk/search?advsearchKeywords=echoes+of+a+storm
2. Add the audiobook to your cart.
3. If you are prompted to sign in, please create a new Audible.com account or log in. Otherwise, proceed by clicking “Do you have a promotional code?” beneath the cover artwork of the audiobook.
4. Enter the promo code, and click “Apply Code.”
5. A credit for the audiobook will be added to your account. Click the box next to “1 Credit” and click the “Update” button to apply the credit to the purchase.
6. After you select “1 Credit” and click “Update” to modify your shopping cart, the price for the audiobook will change to £0.00. You may proceed through the checkout by clicking “Next Step” and “Complete Purchase” on the subsequent page.
All I ask is that you leave an honest review.
From America, I’ve had my first negative review for the Audio version of ‘Echoes’. I have to say its a little bit harsh. Although, after looking at his other reviews he does seem to be harsh with everyone.
My response to Alpha20’s review is the following.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy the Audio version of ‘Echoes of a Storm’, and as a paying customer you have every right to have your say. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write and post a review. Something I wish other people would do more often; although I would hope for a more positive reaction.
However, I feel your review is overly harsh (although it is in keeping with your other reviews) and I of course totally disagree with all your comments especially about the narrator.
I fully support my choice of voice actress and I think she had done a wonderful job of bringing the book alive. From the many positive comments and posts I have received, I can say with confidence that the vast majority of my Readers and Listeners agree with me.
As for my story being boring, that is your point of view and I respect that.
I hope you find something more to your taste
Reviews are really important Ladies and Gentleman, please (yes I know I sound like a broken record) if you enjoy any of my novels in any format, leave a review. I do read them all.
If you want to read Alpha20’s review the link is below
I recieved an email from ACX Quality Assurance (QA) saying that they have given us 3 small technial errors which we need to correct before procceding
This is a good thing for 2 reasons, and before you start thinking I’m mad let me explain.
1. QA is a good thing. Both Cari and myself want to create the best Audio book possiable, so having a QA proccess is just like having a proof reader or an editor when writing a book.
Also knowing that the finished product will have pasted a QA process can only be good for the customer.
2. We only got 3 small technical error, which lets face it, is not bad at all for the first time.
Anyway, we have fixed the errors, well I say we have fixed the errors, what I mean is Cari has fixed all the errors and re submitted the audio book to ACX QA.
I thought you might like to know a bit more about the narrator of the Audio Book. So I asked Cari to send me a quick pen pic of herself. Please see below.
My name is Cari Scholtens and I live in Michigan, USA. I am a schoolteacher and basketball/track coach by day and by night, when the VO signal shows upon the sky, I read audiobooks.
I got into voice work when I won a contest through the gaming company Bioware for their AAA title Mass Effect: Andromeda. I play several roles in the game and got a trip to Los Angeles and an IMDB credit for it. It also got me a little recognition in the voice-over community. Since then, I have landed several roles including voice-over for Grisha MacLaggin in the upcoming fanfilm “Voldemort: Origins of the Heir” and several audiobooks including “Echoes of a Storm”.
I am eager for you all to be able to hear the work Alan and I have put together on this project and I certainly hope I do his work justice! Thank you all for your support of “Echoes of a Storm!”